The EyeOpener Report- PM Erdogan’s Mega Enemies & the Turkish Election

Erdogan's Moves to Take On Big Pharma, Big Banks & Zionists!

Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan is currently embroiled in a Presidential election campaign in the upcoming Turkish elections, but his biggest enemies may not be his political rivals. Join us this week on the Eyeopener as BoilingFrogsPost.com editor Sibel Edmonds breaks down Erdogan's moves to take on Big Pharma, Big Banks and Zionists, and how this has precipitated his recent fall from grace amongst the globalist jet set.

Comments

1. CuChulainn says:

this is good news, but how are we to understand Erdogan’s (diabolical) Syria policy?

2. It is so refreshing to hear about any Govt official out there actually putting in place something for the people they are supposed to represent. It is good to hear anything positive. With all the horrific negative stuff we hear about today, I was happy to be able to listen to 50 minutes of positivity. I know Erdogan is a part of the continuing horror going on in Syria. It would be delusional to say he is a good guy but for the turkish people he is doing something we don’t see anymore. As far as US bringing democracy to any other country, we know that is a farce–we don’t have it here today. Thanks Sibel for the uplifting video!

3. This goes a long way in explaining the turn in propaganda against Erdogan. Just excellent.

4. Indeed, these moves do go a long way in explaining the cackling in western media. Interestingly though, as noted, not all of these policies are new ones. It seems Erdogan has been playing a very smart and careful game in balancing his allegiances and using some of his political capital to make some decisions which aren’t just dictatorial power plays. When you compare this to other members of the pro-western BFF puppet club in the region the contrast is pretty remarkable.

The comment Sibel made about the woman who was alarmed that Erdogan was attempting to institute Sharia Law by enforcing restrictions on alcohol or permitting (not requiring!) women to dress according to their own traditions, religious beliefs, or personal preferences reminds me of the sorts of arguments you heard frequently here in the United States during the whole healthcare debate, where “socialized medicine” was being applied to frighten Americans away from considering a public option (god forbid we sacrifice “choice and competition! ;-). It’s a good example of how the media can be utilized to convince people to oppose something which may very well serve their best interests. Or, put another way; be used to convince people that an aspect of society which is fundamentally flawed, or just bassakward, is worth fighting to preserve.

5. tonywicher says:

Sibel, thank you very much for affirming that government can play a positive role in restraining and regulating big banks and corporations. Indeed, if governments don’t do it, what other power exists that can? Of course, this requires a government with the integrity to represent its people against those banks and corporations. Such leadership is rare. I think libertarians like James Corbett (who has done excellent work and I like very much, by the way) have fallen for the idea that government is corrupt by nature, which is unfortunately what the big banks and corporations want them to think. If you are right, then Erdogan belongs in a class of national leaders who have stood up to imperialism, such as Putin, Castro, Hugo Chavez, Mandela, Nasser, Gandhi, De Gaulle, and in the United States, Kennedy, FDR, Lincoln, John Quincy Adams, and, of course, all the “Founding Fathers” starting with Washington. This is what the American revolution was about, after all. But we have forgotten our history, lost our Republic, and we are once again in thrall to imperialism.

But what about the fact that Turkey has been working with NATO to ship jihadis and weapons into Syria to overthrow the Assad government? This has been going on at least since 2011. This is what the Benghazi incident was all about – Ambassador Stevens was meeting with a Turkish diplomat about this just before he was killed. The proposed false flag attack by Turkey against a shrine located in Syria is just part of this NATO policy. Turkey is a part of NATO. Turkey was trying to become part of the EU. I am guessing that after the CIA attempted “color revolution” against him, he understood the treacherous nature of NATO and the imperialists had a change of heart and became anti-imperialist. Turkey should now withdraw from NATO and join the BRICS countries. He will get a much better deal from Putin and the anti-imperialist bloc.

• I wouldn’t confuse a rejection of NATO imperialism, as it’s being applied in some ways by the BRICS countries (which is refreshing), with a rejection of imperialism, in and of itself. It’s just another brand, perhaps just with less of a harsh aftertaste. Regarding Erdogan, I see it as encouraging that he has the cajones, as Sibel put it, to make some decisions which aren’t just toeing the line for the Washington consensus etc, but I think it’s a mistake to look at the rejection of one sort of flawed ideology as proof the merits of the countering school of thought carry enough weight to prevail overall. Your ideological beef stew of figures ranging from Putin, to FDR, to Gandhi, (just to name a few), noted as exceptions of individuals who rejected imperialism came off a bit hot on the tongue and was a bit hard to digest for me on a contextual first glance or taste, however you want to put it… To be a bit more blunt… maybe the whole thing just spilled off the spoon and stained my pants, but I’ll bite my tongue and leave it at that.

I find Erdogan’s decision to regulate big pharma pretty impressive and there’s hardly anything that I could think about on that front that’s not worth cheering about. (Imagine a US politician making that kind of move… they wouldn’t be able to make a living selling dog food once the lobby was through with them.) Although it’s a bit less clear, the idea of the Muslim banking model as an alternative to the Fed and the EU financial scam has to be viewed as positive as well. The idea of investing in tangible components of the market, particularly if it’s providing the Turkish people with jobs and infrastructure is much better than the circular military industrial spending and symphonies of economic mass destruction played out on “complex financial instruments” we’re all too familiar with here, with the too big to (… give a rat’s ass about you and your family’s home or life savings… thanks for banking with us:-) fail model. But lets not get carried away.

I typically agree with much of what James expresses about the flaws of government and of “the state”, as we’ve discussed a great deal here, but I also refuse to reject the idea of governmental structures as a practical component of a functional democratic society. (I’m not convinced that this is what James is suggesting at all times, but that’s a separate topic…) Still, politics tends to represent the best interests of the well connected, with the interests of the people being an afterthought. The founding fathers had some great ideas, but they rarely lived up to them in many, or in some cases any, meaningful terms themselves IMO (sorry…) It’s really a matter of what the people do with those ideas that carries the day. When any figure in government makes a good move we should applaud that, but recognize that it’s going to require the power of the people to make good on those ideas (think “Hope” and “Change” ;-). The point well made here, is that Erdogan is taking some steps to move policy in a different direction, which has the potential to open up some doors, but like any politician, you have to being willing to recognize that even good things on their agenda may not play out as altruistically as they may seem at face value.

• woops I meant ideals, not ideas… I guess I don’t always live up to my ideas either ;-p

• tonywicher says:

I forgot to say what an interesting idea Islamic banking is! Non-usurious banking! Christianity is supposed to be against usury too. Islamic banking sounds a lot like the national banking of Hamilton, Monroe and J.Q. Adams, the purpose of which was to develop the economy, not make usurious profits for bankers.

• tonywicher says:

BennyB, I’m not quite sure what you meant when you said,

“Your ideological beef stew of figures ranging from Putin, to FDR, to Gandhi, (just to name a few), noted as exceptions of individuals who rejected imperialism came off a bit hot on the tongue and was a bit hard to digest for me on a contextual first glance or taste, however you want to put it… To be a bit more blunt… maybe the whole thing just spilled off the spoon and stained my pants, but I’ll bite my tongue and leave it at that”.

But I’m curious. why did you wet your pants? Could you be a little more specific?

• Sorry tonywicher. I was being a bit crass. I just felt that the combination of people you lumped together as examples of individuals who’d demonstrated a rejection of imperialism included figures which didn’t make much sense to me, so I likened my response to that of taking a taste of something cooked with a combination of ingredients which didn’t go well together (think chicken soup with reece’s peanut butter cups for example… not that bad, but hopefully you get the idea enough to visualize what I was going for metaphorically 😉

• tonywicher says:

All I was saying was that these were all national leaders who in some way resisted imperialism. They were very different leaders but it seemed to me that they had that in common.

• Fair enough. I get where you’re coming from. I think I just have a more strict interpretation of what it means to defy imperialism, so my response was a reflection of that.

6. CuChulainn says:
  7. CuChulainn says:

a Turkish friend claims that Erdogan has in fact allowed Monsanto rice into Turkey.
    would be much obliged if Sibel or someone would explain yesterday’s discussion/agreement (?) between Putin and Erdogan