The Government IS the Enemy of Freedom

On paper, we may be technically free. In reality, however, we are only as free as a government official may allow. We only think we live in a constitutional republic, governed by just laws created for our benefit. Truth be told, we live in a dictatorship disguised as a democracy where all that we own, all that we earn, all that we say and do—our very lives—depends on the benevolence of government agents and corporate shareholders for whom profit and power will always trump principle. And now the government is litigating and legislating its way into a new framework where the dictates of petty bureaucrats carry greater weight than the inalienable rights of the citizenry. Not only do we no longer have dominion over our bodies, our families, our property and our lives, but the government continues to chip away at what few rights we still have to speak freely and think for ourselves. Protest laws, free speech zones, bubble zones, trespass zones, anti-bullying legislation, zero tolerance policies, hate crime laws and a host of other legalistic maladies dreamed up by politicians and prosecutors are conspiring to corrode our core freedoms purportedly for our own good. Yet no matter how you package these laws, no matter how well-meaning they may sound, no matter how much you may disagree with the protesters or sympathize with the objects of the protest, these proposed laws are aimed at one thing only: discouraging dissent.

***Support Newsbud on Kickstarter

Watch Members Only Full Episode Here

George Carlin: It's Bad for Ya!

GOP lawmakers try to rein in mass protests with new state laws

Arizona Senate votes to seize assets of those who plan, participate in protests that turn violent

Bills Across The Country Could Increase Penalties For Protesters

Republican lawmakers introduce bills to curb protesting in at least 18 states

Proposed laws would crack down on protesters who block roadways

SD Senate Panel Passes Protest Bill Over Tribes’ Objections

US states propose new laws which could stop people protesting against Donald Trump

Republican lawmaker targets Indiana protesters obstructing traffic

Senate backs new police safety effort that some worry hurts protesters

Lawmakers in Ten States Have Proposed Legislation Criminalizing Peaceful Protest

Bill stemming from pipeline protests passes Oklahoma House committee

GOP House approves big fines for “mass picketing”

TSA Warns Local Police About Its New Airport Pat-Downs

John F. Kennedy, “Address on the first Anniversary of the Alliance for Progress”

Martin Luther King Jr.'s 'Letter From Birmingham Jail'

The Government Is Still the Enemy of Freedom

Battlefield America: The War on the American People

Rutherford Institute

Comments

1. Jayme Smieja says:

We who believe and know you’re right need a leader – like Martian Luther King Jr.

2. David E Burden says:

John,
    Thank you. You managed to say, in approximately 13 minutes, what would likely have taken me hours. “Well done sir.”
    The only negative thing I can think of about this short but powerful documentary, is that it is not mandatory watching/listening, for EVERY person inhabiting this country. Perhaps one day soon, (it had better be soon!), a way will present itself to get this important, powerful message to the masses. And somehow get it to sink in. BEFORE it’s too late.
    Please continue with this kind of informational dialog. I believe it is vital that people wake up to the reality of what is being done to us, before we end up making John Kennedy’s words a reality. My thoughts immediately turn to another famous quote about this very subject: “The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.” ~ Thomas Jefferson
    I fear however, that it may already be too late to prevent bloodshed. When, (not if), that starts, it will be a war fought not on some distant battlefield in some foreign country, but amongst us. Among our homes, schools, farms, and businesses, and our children will learn of it with their own eyes. Far too many innocent people will die right along with the guilty, Although those who caused it are reported to have plans to flee instead of staying to face the righteous wrath of those they have persecuted for so long. ……..”Patriots and Tyrants.”
    There was a time, not that many years ago, that I believed that I would not live to see it, but I now fear that I was mistaken. Although I have been trying for decades to inform and awaken as many as I can around me, in order that it might be avoided, most are too overly entertained and still too comfortable to even listen, or look at the evidence that is all around them. That is a sad commentary on our society. The fact that so many of our fellow citizens have been deliberately dumbed down and duped into complacency, absolutely amazes me sometimes. Especially when you take into account that they not only don’t know, they don’t even care to know!
    Why should they? It has NOTHING to do with whats on TV tonight. NOTHING to do with which team of millionaires is playing which other team of millionaires. Playing what was intended to be a children’s game, in a stadium that was paid for with their tax dollars, (although you don’t get a share of the profits for the use of what you paid for), and which accomplishes absolutely NOTHING! Although television and sports actually accomplish nothing, they seem to be as addictive as heroin, (and almost as harmful), and nearly as hard to to get people to give up.
    A friend suggested to me one time that I should write a book about my experiences in trying to wake people up to the reality that is all around them, but I told her that there is already a plethora of those kind of books available. Furthermore, what would I name such a book? “Of Ignorance and Apathy”?

“Clearly, a federal law which is contrary to the Constitution is no law at all; it is null, void, invalid. And a Supreme Court decision, which is not a ‘law,’ has no ‘supremacy’—even if it is faithfully interpreting the Constitution. So it is the height of absurdity to claim that a Supreme Court decision that manifestly violates the Constitution is the ‘supreme law of the land.’” ~William Jasper
    “All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void.” (Marbury vs.Madison, 1803.)

I’ll end with something for everyone to consider:
    Upon leaving the convention hall, where deliberations of the Constitutional Convention of 1787 had just ended, a Mrs. Powel, of Philadelphia, asked Benjamin Franklin, “Well, Doctor, what have we got, a republic or a monarchy?” With no hesitation whatsoever, Franklin responded, “A republic, if you can keep it.”

For the Republic, ……if we can keep it,
    David
    AKA: Stronghorse

3. Biddie Dee says:

Becoming aware of this issue, and the many others is the first step. I thank Newsbud for providing that part. But, now, once informed, we need to take another step. That next step is a mystery and nowhere to be found. I suspect, one of the biggest reasons there is not a next step is because all those seeking to make things better are consumed with fighting and hating oneanother. Divided we fall, we all know that, but we keep hating oneanother based on things like race, sexual orientation, religion,.. on and on. No end to it. I have checked out lots of youtube channels that claim and appear to be there to inform us of the truth and help us. But so many of them post videos putting people down based on what I mention above and more.
    We all should know by now that the government provides us with plenty of reasons to continue on hating oneanother.
    But what will save us, is , if we take the next step. I have no idea what that next step is or can be, but I do feel that I am ready to take it. I wish I could provide the next step, but, have no idea what it should be.
    And so, I ask you, the reader, do you think this is correct, in that we need to take the next step? And if so, what is that next step?

4. Mark Ribbit says:

In the good ol’ days, before computers, people used to gather together, rally the troops and plan the day of reckoning.
    Those days are long gone.
    These days, although it is much easier to reach out to the masses, one must be cognizant that BIG BROTHER will certainly be among the troops being rallied.

Do you see a potential problem?

5. David E Burden says:

Mark,
    I agree, those days are largely gone, but not completely. Some of us still do meet with our neighbors to discuss many matters. Are plans such as those you suggest sometimes talked about? Certainly. It is well known that BIG BROTHER is watching, and whenever possible, infiltrating and reporting back to his master, like any loyal dog. But yes, I do see the potential problem.
    Folks also used to hang effigies of politicians and would often burn them. Tar & Feathers really were used on certain undesirables at times as well. I will venture a guess though, that the politicians and other miscreants of that era, did not have to wonder if they were well liked or not. Of course there were not the same kinds, or levels, of distraction in those days that we face today.
    Ah the good ole days 🙂
    Some risks must be taken. It’s a risk just crossing the street in some places, it’s a risk to fly, there is a risk every time you eat in an unfamiliar cafe, there is also the risk that your TV will blow up, hell, there’s even a risk you might fall out of the damned bleachers some day. Life comes with risks. Some are very much worth taking, others should be avoided. Take a guess which ones I favor taking and which ones I take a pass on.
    Speaking only for the groups I engage with, (which are mostly current and former law enforcement and/or current and former military), concerning the aforementioned types of conversations, I am not overly concerned. Because I, as well as others, take ample precautions. Further, any meetings or groups I frequent, are not breaking any laws. I do my utmost to make sure of this. In fact, if anyone says or suggests anything that violates strict rules, they are asked to leave. We are also very carefull who is allowed in in the first place. Could one make it into our inner circles undetected? Most likely, I did it many times during my years as a peace officer, but as I said, we are doing NOTHING ILLEGAL. {Perhaps I should check into the legalities concerning Tar & Feathers.} 😉
    I encourage everyone I meet, who is awake, to keep trying to wake up those who still slumber, but at all times, and in all cases, to keep it legal.
    FtR,
    Stronghorse

6. Thank you John.
    Hearing you, it would be worth exploring the similarities between the US as it is today and Nazi Germany in the running-up to WWII, including a look at the major financiers of the process. After all, the media manipulated the German public into going for war, and the people in the US were brainwashed to go after the Germans. Media is powerful.
    As for the origin of the means. Isn’t much of the innovative technology that supports this draconian move away from freedom coming from silicon valley? Who finances it?
    Ideally a reversal of the process of muzzlement should originate from the inside of the institutes that are guilty. The issue with this is the abundance of non-thinkers (golem?) in the system. “Wir haben es nicht gewusst” would be a sentence too intellectual for these gate keepers and officers.
    As for the revolution that John is pointing at, this is no doubt expected. In my opinion, drills such as ‘operation Jade Helm’ provided the means to have the military apparatus being integrated into communities, following the example of the Gladio type leave-behind troops after WWII.
    Time to sanction the USA.

7. William Field says:

Brilliant & all perfectly true…..& the same thing is happening here even in Australia…..but sorry I don’t quite understand, did John Whitehead write this & Kurt narrate it or what?

8. Brian Osei says: