Saint or Sinner, Government Eyes Are Watching Every Move You Make

Government eyes are watching you. They see your every move: what you read, how much you spend, where you go, with whom you interact, when you wake up in the morning, what you’re watching on television and reading on the internet. Every move you make is being monitored, mined for data, crunched, and tabulated in order to see who you are or what makes you tick, and how best to control you when and if it becomes necessary to bring you in line. Indeed, simply by liking or sharing this article on Facebook or retweeting it on Twitter, you’re most likely flagging yourself as a potential renegade, revolutionary or anti-government extremist—a.k.a. terrorist. Yet whether or not you like or share this particular article, simply by reading it or any other articles related to government wrongdoing, surveillance, police misconduct or civil liberties is enough to get you categorized as a particular kind of person that needs to be spied on just in case you decide to challenge the government in any way. Chances are you have already been assigned a color-coded threat score—green, yellow or red—so police are forewarned about your potential inclination to be a troublemaker.

***Free Newsletter Subscription at The Rutherford Institute

***Follow John W. Whitehead and The Rutherford Institute on Facebook

Watch Members Only Full Episode Here

“On whistleblowers and government threats of investigation,” The Guardian

“The CIA is investing in firms that mine your Tweets and Instagram photos,” The Intercept

“The new way police are surveilling you: Calculating your threat ‘score,’” The Washington Post

“Exposing Bush’s historic abuse of power,” Salon

“Social Media Usage: 2005-2015,” Pew Research Center

“Philip K. Dick Warned Us About the Internet of Things in 1969,” Slate

“BCA agreed to FBI terms on secret cellphone tracking,” Star Tribune

“Judge Gorsuch on arrrest warrants and Doppler radar devices,” The Washington Post

“How many times have the cops photographed your license plate?” Washington Examiner

“DEA using license-plate readers to take photos of US drivers, documents reveal,” The Guardian

“9 Ways You’re Being Spied On Every Day,” The Huffington Post

“New surveillance cameras will use computer eyes to find ‘pre crimes’ by detecting suspicious behaviour and calling for guards,” Daily Mail

“A FINGERPRINT SCANNER THAT CAN CAPTURE PRINTS FROM 20 FEET AWAY,” Popular Science

“Police radar gun that shows if you’re texting?” C-Net

“First came the Breathalyzer, now meet the roadside police “textalyzer,”” Ars technica

“DOJ budget seeks funds for police body cameras, immigration judges,” The Hill

“A fight over access to video from LAPD body cameras is shaping up,” LA Times

“Your Samsung SmartTV Is Spying on You, Basically,” The Daily Beast

“FBI Taps Hacker Tactics to Spy on Suspects,” The Wall Street Journal

Saint or Sinner, Government Eyes Are Watching Every Move You Make

Battlefield America: The War on the American People

Rutherford Institute

Comments

1. David E Burden says:

Fine presentation Mr. Whitehead. Lots of important information. However, the most important thing you said is within the last few sentences.
    Will people heed your warning?
    All I can say is; They had better.

2. B. F. EARL says:

I believe Peter Lee reported North Korea plays an eerie “Twin Peeks” musical piece on public load speakers. It made me think about the high-frequency subliminals that are patented which can be broadcast by our cities from light poles. Back in the 1980s an Englishman invented a method to use household electrical lines for the Internet. This means we can be programmed or influenced by our “singing walls” like the ones in One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest. Our bones pick up the high-frequency sounds. It is similar to some dental patients who pick-up police radio communications, but not as direct sound to the outer ear, but sounds which seem like thoughts not your own.

3. RestlessSlave says:

Greetings from Oregon. Fuck the government.
    Brilliant presentation, Sir!

4. John Phillips says:

OMG! I’m so afraid! NOT!!!

There are dozens of reasons and motivations for our Government and corporations to collect data on us via all means necessary. Least of which is to instill fear!

The day “they” come after me for my actions within my rights under the Constitution of the United States is they day I’m going to die, but I won’t be the only one! Best to leave me alone.

When they realize the data they are collection is indicating we “The People” have had enough and are ready to fight back is the day things may begin to change. If we change our behavior, limit our activities, stop speaking out against fascism, express ourselves as “fearful” then they have already won and we have put ourselves in prison. There are 300 million of us…more than they could ever put in prison unless we imprison ourselves.

Be yourself, don’t fear…be in their face!

I agree with Restless…fuck um! I prefer peace, but our government doesn’t know how to spell the word much less understand its meaning.

5. James Corbett did a video about gaming recently that just popped into my head while watching this. I pay with cash for everything, except my bills and infrequent online purchases, because I don’t like having these things in a data base and I just like real money. About a month ago I quit using my number to log in at the grocery store to get my points, so I can “level up” at the gas pump. I feel like doing that even puts my groceries in a database and it drives me crazy. I even have a tentative plan if we’re ever forced off cash. I third Restless Slave in saying F them! As they say, if you’re not on a watch list, you are doing something wrong.

• David E Burden says:

I saw that Corbett video also Camille. Good stuff.
      I’m going to jump back in here just to Thank You. You, John, and RestlessSlave are singing my kind of tune.
      One thing though John. I agree completely with what you said, but we do need to realize that although many of us refer to “Our Government”, or “The Government”, it’s not quite accurate. The people responsible for the negative aspects of what we think of as the government, are in reality just criminals who have usurped our rightful Constitutional Republic. They are committing perjury to their oath, treason, and other crimes, and should be prosecuted for those crimes.
      To clarify what I mean, I’ll share this with you, from Dr. Edwin Vieira, Jr., Ph.D.:
      The government of the United States has never violated anyone’s constitutional rights. Did you know that? The government of the United States will never violate anyone’s constitutional rights, because it cannot violate anyone’s constitutional rights. The reason for that is: The government of the United States is that set of actions by public officials that are consistent with the Constitution. Outside of its constitutional powers, the government of the United States has no legitimacy. It has no authority; and, it really even has no existence. It is what lawyers call a legal fiction. I give you the famous case Norton v. Shelby County, when they were thinking straight about these issues: 1886. The Court said: “An unconstitutional act is not a law; it confers no rights; it imposes no duties. It is, in legal contemplation, as inoperative as though it had never been passed.” And that applies to any governmental action outside of the Constitution. ~ Dr. Edwin Vieira, Jr.

• John Phillips says:

Camille;
      Yes, excellent! Using cash as much as possible is one of many approaches to resistance we can employ. Not participating in Big Box Store “Rewards” programs and discount schemes is important to rob the corps of data on you and I. Not shopping there; how and where we spend our money is even more important.

Do you remember the movie The Great Escape with Steve McQueen, et al.? The strategy of the prisoners was to force the German’s to use an inordinate amount of man power and resources to keep the prisoners from escaping. We can use the same tactic…flood the bloody bastards with false information, or just simply give them more than they want! Not consumer information, but political discourse! Be in their face! So, yes, being on a watch list should be a badge of honor!

David
      Yes, my use of the term “Government” is not accurate any more than most generalizations. No more accurate than the use of republican or democrat, red or blue, or conservative or liberal. Generalizations do however save a lot of words in print. Forgive me.

I was unaware of the facts that our “Government” has never violated our constitutional rights. But you must remember, you’re looking to the very courts that legitimize illegal actions by our Government, our elected officials, corporations and financial institutions by their decisions. By looking to the courts you are planning into their game.

Right now the common Joe and Jane have no legal recourse against our adversaries. Sibel knows this all too well. If we have no legal recourse…what recourse should we take? This IS a very big problem. From local magistrate courts to the supreme court…we the People have no representation!
      Best Regards

6. William Field says:

Just musing,… another side of this coin might be that the thinking of “the people spying” might be made more supportive to those they are spying on ….& their moral undermined!…they might stand up internal to wrongful uses? ..& for those the Govt might aim to silence for wrong reasons??…The KEY to all this is WHO has access to this information… & if crime or suspected crime & it is NOT the Public with access what is really going on?….So perhaps spying info might selectively or corruptly be used for many reasons!,,, Political and Commercial,,,criminal?

7. Camera based license plate readers and data base software is advancing and being used more extensively by local law enforcement agencies , in JO CO ,KS. they have a SUV with link and 4 cameras that they drive through Walmart parking lot that reads and cross indexes plates in real time sometimes they even let you go home before arresting you I am told ! As recently as last month in KC MO. they went o line with one intersection in the Hood with new camera database system identifying over 10,000 fictitious plates or Felony Warrants per hr. for first 4 hr. and over 250,000 into weekend before end of weekend ! Funny what new GOOGLE fiber being used for instead of high speed internet , gun shot detectors and cameras are may have made them a test area for police state ! Problem is that Police have tens of thousands of un served warrants and hundreds of open murder cases as it is !

8. As always GREAT presentation… You forgot one HUGE surveillance development tho… The whole “cloud computing” and “cloud storage drives” thing. So with this people are using applications delivered via an internet drive instead of their local computer hard drive so now if you are using cloud technologies all your work and every version of the work you do is available to be intercepted an stored just like they have done for years with our emails, web browsing, cell phone calls and social media ONLY with cloud computing they get to intercept detailed letters, reports, tax returns, all manner of intellectual property content and on and on and on… Surprised that people havn’t been more vocal on this matter as this content is even more sensative and detailed than phone calls, emails and web browing data.

The thing to do is have one computer to access the internet and another that never sets foot anywhere near a WiFi signal or an ethernet cable for work and personal projects and that uses applications that run from a local computer drive AND never ever connect the work computer to the internet…EVER.