OF COURSE Bitcoin is Manipulated

A couple of sharp, consistent academics recently outed what had been rumored for a while – that Bitcoin’s historically unprecedented price spike throughout 2017 …. resulted in significant part – perhaps in whole! – from price and market manipulation.  Um.  Yeah!?!  This program more than hinted at it all last year.  Jumping 22 times in price in less than a year looked more like a kid’s creative writing – or more aptly in this age, creative coding – assignment in school, rather than an economic phenomenon resulting from authentic supply & demand.

Yet how and more importantly, why, did Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies skyrocket in such a concocted fashion, and relatedly, how and why have they dropped in perceived value so aggressively since last December?  What were the immediate surface – and certainly much deeper – tools used, and by whom?  What relations exist between the forces driving such price movements in this new, unregulated and yet wildly popular global asset class and the older forces of government and banking regulators, private institutional owners and the typically compliant mainstream business press?  Is there a tying together meant here, ultimately, for cryptocurrencies, financial markets, the wider blockchain, machine learning and the internet of things, and a synthesized sense of what money internationally is meant to become?

In this 23rd episode of Money & Fear, and as always, in the show’s detailed Show Notes listed under the videos on our website, we’ll discuss the given details of this increasingly conspicuous market manipulation -- which ironically exists in the one space that’s touted itself as “off the grid” and away from central and private banking, exchanges and even given fiat money mores & paradigms.  Yet greed is greed, and a very effective emotion either individually or in the mass collective for bringing about tectonic changes.  The technological tools might be new, but the alchemical blueprint very old.  Here, we’ll discuss the key given crypto players, the regulators, and more critically, poke at the not so easily discernable constituents – either already listed or even potentially present – who are or may be involved in this universal fiscal psychodrama.  The full program’s episode will give you some organizational and historical perspective regarding where the wider cryptocurrency phenomenon is intended to go.

If you’re not a Newsbud member yet, please join and tell others.  It costs practically nothing, yet gives you information you’re not supposed to know, thus empowering you to stay ahead of the herd … and think … like these long-term planning global Establishment leaders and their deployed sector managers … think.  The time is now to support independent, nonpartisan media, so please consider joining the worldwide Newsbud community today and tell other genuinely curious friends & family out there as well!

Watch Members Only Full Episode Here

Report: CIA Neither Confirms nor Denies Knowledge of True Identity of Satoshi Nakamoto

SHOCK! HORROR! SURPRISE! Bitcoin price explosion may have been market manipulation

Much of bitcoin's 2017 boom was market manipulation, research says

‘Bitcoin (BTC) Manipulation Did Happen. But to push BTC to Current Low Levels,’ says John McAfee

The hunt for bitcoin market manipulation is gaining momentum

‘Toxic’ Suspected Manipulation Sees Bitcoin Futures Sink 55% in 2018

Bitcoin price boom manipulated by the ‘mother of all crypto scams’, say experts

bitcoin bust - Bitcoin price boom manipulated by the ‘mother of all crypto scams’, say experts

Cryptocurrency Manipulation Study Is Underwhelming

Bitcoin's Greater Fools Go Into Hiding - Where will the cryptocurrency's future crop of suckers come from?

What Do We Know About the CFTC Price Manipulation Probe

CME Group and Crypto Facilities Announce Launch of Bitcoin Reference Rate and Real-Time Index

CME Group to broaden rules against wrongdoing after CFTC request

'A history of human greed:' The 26 different ways people have cheated markets over 200 years

“The Cryptocurrency Question” – Bronfman/Rothschild Advisors

Tether Manipulated Bitcoin, Ethereum, Zcash Prices

Six global banks join forces to create digital currency

All of Top 100 Cryptocurrencies See Red Amidst CFTC Price Manipulation Probe

Bitcoin Tumbles After Major Crypto Exchanges Subpoenaed For Manipulation, Coinrail Hacked

From $900 to $20,000: Bitcoin's Historic 2017 Price Run Revisited

Muppet Bait

Bitcoin price boom manipulated by the ‘mother of all crypto scams’, say experts

BIT RISKY? Should I buy Bitcoin, what are Ripple, Ethereum and Iota, and how safe is the cryptocurrency?

VIX - CBOE Volatility Index

Chicago Board Options Exchange - CBOE

Tether Might Still Be Crypto's Ticking Time Bomb

Real currency is the bubble NOT Bitcoin, cryptocurrency professional warns

Bitfinex

Digital Exchange Bitfinex, Under U.S. Scrutiny, Gets ING Account

I told you about IMMO. Rothschilds invests in cryptocurrency

Centuries-old Banking Dynasty Takes Interest in Cryptos: What Rothschild’s IMMO Really is?

Goldman-Backed Circle Agrees to Buy Crypto Exchange Poloniex

Economist Group

Rothschilds 1988 Prediction For New World Currency In 2018 Set To Rock Global Markets

One world, one money

J.P. Morgan: Cryptocurrencies Are Here to Stay

Goldman Sachs Is Said to Add Cryptocurrency Trading Desk—Sort of

Citigroup Searches for Bitcoin Professionals to Deter Money Laundering

Morgan Stanley is Racing to Lead the Wall Street Pack into Crypto

Finding Van Der Velde: A Mission To Unmask The CEO Of The World’s Largest Bitcoin Exchange

Bitcoin (USD) Price – 1 yr. history

What Do We Know About the CFTC Price Manipulation Probe

Bitcoin futures on the world’s biggest derivatives exchange signal the boom isn’t over yet

Historical data for Bitcoin

U.S. Regulator Demands Trading Data From Bitcoin Exchanges in Manipulation Probe

CME Stays Silent on Cause of COMEX Silver Price Glitch

CME bans trader for month for alleged manipulation in oil, metals

Flood Of Paper Imminent? CME Group Just Cut COMEX Gold & Silver Margin Requirements

Will CME crypto product allow bitcoin manipulation?

Chasing fake volume: a crypto-plague

The Danger of Tether

Traders Said to Rig Currency Rates to Profit Off Clients

Solari Report by Catherine Austin Fitts

Catherine Austin Fitts on Moral Investing and the Coming Equity 'Crash-Up'

‘Do Not Panic About Bitcoin’s (BTC) Drop,’ advises John McAfee

Did the NSA Create Bitcoin? That's classified

Meet ‘Spoofy’. How a Single entity dominates the price of Bitcoin.

Nathan Rothschild: the mastermind behind the dynasty

Nathan Mayer Rothschild: Waterloo legend

Masters of the Universe

High-Speed Trading Isn't About Efficiency—It's About Cheating

Banking culture primes people to cheat

All of Top 100 Cryptocurrencies See Red Amidst CFTC Price Manipulation Probe

Twitter accusation of FUD against Bloomberg

The Fake Oil Crisis of 1973

A Tale of Two Oil Shocks | Part 1: 1973-76

Did The Saudis And The US Collude In Dropping Oil Prices?

Why Would the Saudis Deliberately Crash the Oil Markets?

Putin's oil tsar slams OPEC and U.S., launches broadside at price crash

Did the U.S. and the Saudis Conspire to Push Down Oil Prices?

Videos

"Put that coffee down!" Glengarry Glen Ross

CATHERINE AUSTIN FITTS - BITCOIN OP DIGITAL SLAVERY & SPACE ECONOMY! DARK JOURNALIST

Chris Powell - There are no free markets anymore, just interventions

Papers

Is Bitcoin Really Un-Tethered?

Manipulation in the VIX?

Price manipulation in the Bitcoin ecosystem

Books

Collusion: How Central Bankers Rigged the World by Nomi Prins

The Rothschilds:  A Family Portrait by Frederic Morton

The House of Rothschild By Niall Ferguson

The Gold Cartel by Dimitri Speck

*For additional footnotes and links refer to the Newsbud article link above

Comments

1. Robert Diggins says:

Excellent episode!

I recently read that another $200+ million of Tether were “printed”, which is the term used when Tether is bought with USD or another form of “cash”. That’s not a lot in the bigger picture , but there was a lot of chatter about it and explanations of when tether is printed vs. exchanged, as a holding place, like a cash repository.

I also noticed more USD cash accounts being added and more cash to other-thanbitcoin, other-than-tether pairings, such as USD to Ether.

I’ll spread this episode as much as I can.

As for survival in yet another corrupt “market”, do you have any advice, other than getting out and buying hard assets?

The one TA group, ChartGuys, has a down-to-earth character named Dan, who tries to teach TA skills, while distancing himself from the emotional, as well as the political philosophy of crypto and suggests using the same techniques in other markets. He encourages expanding out of just crypto, and promotes a very protective style, which I think you mentioned in your last episode (i.e. stop losses).

Personally, I’m not interested in being labelled or thinking that crypto is the savior of Liberty. I sometimes wish we could turn allegedly immutable database-structures, if they are possible, against the criminals and say, some day, “Well, Mr. Rumsfeld, don’t fret, that 2.3 Trillion is right HERE!”

I also imagine there could be value in DApps, if Decentralization were truly realized.

In summary, just as many people blame “the government” and call people “statists” as a pejorative, I see tools and corruption, and corrupted tools. So, I ask, does crypto kill people, or do people kill people, to relate to the.popular gun debate, which I try to apply to all tools.

I also attempt to call out false dichotomies, such as the one which divides us probably the most, Individualism vs. Collectivism.

And, I’ll admit that, in desperation, I made a little last Dec. , but just enough to feel lucky.

BTW. I’m not connected or benefiting from my mention of Dan, above.

Also, I think that mention might be helpful, for those, like me, who bought in. I didnt buy in philosophically, BTW, though I did comment on your last episode with some buzzwords. Part of that is because I’ve been an information systems developer for 20+ years, laid off a year ago, then health issues got bad. I’m just trying to get through this squeeze play in my life.

I still see the good possibilities of the new and old tools, if we can wrestle control from the establishment, which seems more and more difficult, as our societies get more and more authoritarian.

I thank you and Newsbud for shining a light and taking the gloves off.

R

• Pye Ian says:

Thanks for your kind words as always, Robert, and I sincerely hope that your health improves.

Regarding your question: “As for survival in yet another corrupt ‘market’, do you have any advice, other than getting out and buying hard assets?”

A) I’m not giving specific financial advice on here, nor in my writings or show episodes; B) Nonetheless, IMO, the Blockchain is apparently here to stay with regard to wider global monetary paradigms and where things are headed for prescribed value transfer/exchange in general. Hence, one thought is for holding hard assets (i.e. physical gold/silver/land/art) while educating yourself as much as possible about how/why that’s the case and where to be asset-wise for the rapid transitioning over the next few years. That could mean various things, from investing in promising fintech software firms, to day trading cryptos, to simply being versed in order to inform others.

As for trading ‘finesse’, whether one is using hyper-sophisticated algos or simply following John Murphy’s texts on using ‘traditional’ technical analysis, know that they’re not truly ‘free markets’, per my theses & that of others. Hence technical analysis might possibly want to take somewhat of a backseat to fundamentals analysis which incorporates the realities of market interventions. Maybe that translates into sell & buy stops on practically every trade, hedging strategies, et al, or maybe it means staying out altogether. That’s up to you & your financial advisor(s).

Read nightly. Time remains the core resource.

• Robert Diggins says:

Your perspective is invaluable and I will definitely point others here. There are a lot of people getting squeezed, in every direction, it seems.

Thanks for your time.

2. Great show. Pump and dump in crypto? I’m SHOCKED!

Still the block chain is something new, no? The fact that these independent researchers were able to analyze the block chain to show evidence of manipulation is … well, transparency makes it a more naked greed.

• Pye Ian says:

Indeed, yet in the episode, I partly question whether or not the UT-Austin study isn’t necessary for 1) problem/reaction/solutioning hyper-crypto volatility & lack of regulation, and certainly 2) drawing attention to the wider blockchain as ultimately sacrosanct.

Again, acute crypto brands might be transitory, yet cryptocurrency & the blockchain are intended to serve as over-riding value transfer paradigms.

• Robert Diggins says:

Absolutely possible, if not probable. The corporate and govt funding control of academia exists and grew through the almost 3 decades I was around it. Tenure isn’t as much of a freedom as it appears. And I’ve seen several attempts to get rid of it, at the big 10 U, where I was. Of course, the basketball coach made more than the president… someone has to manage all those unpaid revenue generators. How else could we get new stadiums?!

• Robert Diggins says:

The ideological subversion surrounding the last Prez election was INSANE and coordinated nation-wide, I suspect. I know that at least 50k students and staff got “messages” from supervisors and/or Deans. It was mandatory, from the top down and consistent across the board.

I complained to the dean of my college when she (a publicly paid employee) shilled for one candidate over the other, in Oct. 2016. Got no response, until after the election, when we all got the ” you must be sad, we have resources” mandatory message. Don’t know if it was part of the no-reason-given contract non-renewal.

It was also the 1st prez election, in my life, during which nobody, in my neighborhood and most of my city, would put out a yard sign.

Total Spectrum attempted for sure.

3. Robert Diggins says:

Today I’m hearing rumors about Facebook buying Coinbase. I guess I’m spreading them now too. But, is it surprising? More hints at the total control/domination, as we’ve already seen Coinbase blocking Assange support. What do they call it? Full Spectrum?

I’m also noticing news of tech stocks trouble, Deutsche Bank share price drops, and we’re seeing some sort of culminating action in BTC currently. Crisis manipulation.

I really appreciate your big picture narrative and hope you continue to write about this sector and the context.