The Era of Pseudo-Nationalism: Paving & Smoothing the Deep State’s War Path

Watch Full Episode

Comments

1. Ben Richards says:

Sibel, do you believe that Trump is on the war path? His firing of John Bolton was a signal to me that he wouldn’t pursue war. How much of Trump’s administration is controlled by him? By that I mean to say, he doesn’t seem to me to be able to control much of the Gladio operations? Would you say that the President is in control of Gladio operations? Or are these controlled by others out of the President’s reach? I was curious about the assassination of John Kennedy and how this occurred around the same time period as Jean-Marie Bastien-Thiry’s attempted assassination of Charles De Gaulle. Daniele Ganser claims this was a Gladio operation. Was 1963 the year these operations left the control of the US President?

2. Ben Richards says:

I found that many on the Left (including university professors) would not process information that might lead them to not be as dogmatic in their views. The same for the right who clung to their vision of capitalism that couldn’t understand a vision of another way of doing things. I liked how Russia has it written in their constitution that every citizen has a right to housing. Taking a look at the housing crisis and the homelessness crisis especially on the West Coast in the US, it’s no surprise that what’s needed is a leftist solution to this. However, the neoliberal global capitalist solutions to this problem only exascerbate the problem increasing the divide between those who participate in the market and those who are left out of it. And it’s frustrating that these people who support leftist solutions to real social and economic problems will dogmatically refuse to look at evidence of covert operations linked to heroin trafficking and terror financing. I’ve tried too many times to show people things they should see. And this ideological divide blinds them. I tried showing the last US ambassador to the Soviet Union’s writings on the “russia hack” only to be dismissed because they were so blinded by their ideology. And the same went for the right-wingers who failed to see the real problems of capitalism and just called everything “radical Marxism” when there wasn’t any Marxism there at all. I’m personally fed up with this divide. And more so than anything else, is the vindictiveness present on social media.

3. Ben Richards says:

I suggest a format of allowing “Newsbud community members” to reach out to each other and speak about issues or just talk and have conversations. This was present on an older website I used to be a member of called collapsenet.org and I enjoyed the format of people being able to talk to other people and contact them. I’ve never met other people in person who enjoy Newsbud, and I’ve only spoken with 2 of them over the phone. It would be nice to open up a messenger-style forum instead of a posting-style forum. I thought this would be important because I found it impossible to reach others who were stuck in the MSM or pseudo-alternative media. Even getting friends to read or watch something became very difficult to do. It was either “Trump is satan!” or “That’s communism!!” I never saw homeless people in Moscow and I lived there 3 years. And I also never saw very many homeless people in Turkey either after 1 year. The tent cities springing up in every American city are getting out of control and the heroin issues in Los Angeles, San Fransisco, and Seattle are destroying the culture and societies there.

4. Ben Richards says:

Ron Paul had/has his appeal, but after living in “soft dictatorships” for 4 years and witnessing the destruction of the U.S. Constitution, I don’t see what the libertarian idea can offer. I think what is needed is strong bureaucratic state institutions more than ever. And to get rid of this idea that the U.S. constitution is somehow sacrosanct, and I don’t even consider it a document that is “in effect” anymore. I used to think the EU could stand independently as it’s own sovereign entity, but it’s going to be broken apart I believe. Not to mention all the Gladio operations that will be used to manipulate the break-up of the European Union, if and when it comes. I also see war coming in the future and all the “pseudo-nationalist” movements as you called them from Hungary to Poland and France and Italy… the types Steve Bannon was going around promoting in Europe.. the only solution I see is strong Leftist movements. The only problem with this is that these movements are dominated by identity politics and “culture wars” issues. The Leftist movements are not taking radical stances on healthcare, housing, etc. And I know many here may be keen on libertarianism, so then how is it that these “pseudo-nationalist” movements came to be? A lack of devotion of the constitutional principles, an apathetic shrug as more and more liberties dissolved away left more and more people exploited. But honestly, look at Trump’s use of executive orders regarding national emergency and it becomes clear what the future will be when it comes time to solve big problems. I never had any issues living inside Turkey or Russia, at least not more than living in the U.S. And it all sort of feels the same. The only country I have been to that I could not stand was South Korea, because it’s capitalism in its purest form there in that country. The Korean peninsula for me, is 2 extremes. Turkey is a country I would like to go back to. I liked Ramadan the most. It doesn’t seem to work very well if you aren’t living in a culture that supports it. Trump recently stated he wants his greatest accomplishment to be to get rid of the dirty cops that got rid of Michael Flynn and attacked him. This is one of the biggest reasons why I support Trump. I couldn’t follow Turkish politics. And most of the people I met in Turkey honestly didn’t care or were talking about how Erdogan changed the constitution and I couldn’t understand why that was bad. This was after living in Putin’s Russia for 3 years so I didn’t see it as a big deal. I had an ex-girlfriend who really liked Meral Akşener of the iyi parti. And I couldn’t really understand the different political parties in Turkey, which upset me because I understood them very well in Russia. I would like Newsbud to do a breakdown of the political parties in Turkey. I even remember walking by an HDP rally in Ankara with an azeri lady I met and all the kurdish women making that yelling noise where they go “aiaiaiaiaiaiaiai”. And I still don’t even understand the issues between East turkey and the rest of turkey. I know my ex-girlfriend hated the kurds and talked about them with language like “why don’t they just go and learn our language!? they are lazy and they just make lots of babies and don’t work and live off welfare.” I lived with a couple kurdish guys and one that did tech work but I still never got an understanding of the issue because I don’t enough of the history. I studied russian history a lot so maybe that’s why I knew russia a lot better when I was there. but in turkey, I felt lost. I would like Newsbud to do more of Turkish history, because I lived there for 1 year and never felt like I even absorbed an understanding of the history.

5. Ben Richards says:

And what about the nationalism of the Kurds? I could only find 1 podcast from long, long ago when this was called Boiling Frogs Post where you address the issue of the Kurds. Is this being avoided because you are in Turkey at the moment? Or you don’t want to upset your sources?? This is a recent article by Slavoj Zizek, who I greatly admire. I disagree with him on some events regarding the Yugoslav Wars because he doesn’t seem to have any understanding of the al-qaeda element in Bosnia or the KLA. So a Kurdish state would be used to break apart Turkey and be used as a gateway into Iran, right? I’m talking about Rojava. My ex-girlfriend is Turkish and lives in Van and she tells me the Kurds are all smugglers, and says they are uneducated. She says racist things sometimes. Please illuminate this issue of a Kurdish state and unpack this article if you could: https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/kurds-syria-trump-turkey-rojava-macedonia-greece-zizek-a9166206.html

6. Ben Richards says:

And I just wanted to say that as much as I’ve heard you say that people are apathetic and don’t care about what you’re reporting, I just wanted you to know that I lost a lot of family and friends because of your revelations. My whole family is completely stuck inside the MSM reporting and have called me bad names and ridiculed me when I express why Robert Mueller isn’t good or even mention anything Gladio-related. Friends too have told me I alienate people when I talk about what Newsbud reports because they are also trapped into MSM viewing. So I don’t have any friends to talk about any of these things with and it makes everything incredibly isolating. So I don’t think it has anything to do with apathy. It has to do with social disconnection from other people who “get it”. And right now I don’t have anyone else to converse with.

7. Steven Hobbs says:

Hey Sibel,
    Great thanks and props again for the most thorough reporting on Le Mesurier’s passing. I hope to hear more on that score. Any news on Carlos Ghosn?
    Here’s another George Bernard Shaw quote: “Patriotism is a pernicious, psychopathic form of idiocy.”
    I love the editorial about war, deceit, bias selectivity, ignorance, and denial.
    I am confused by your references to right and left, “pseudo-left”. When you say “pseudo-alternative-media” seems you are speaking of the “synthetic” left. Anyway, there are so many references to “right” and “left” you seem to emblazon those terms in your analysis which then is generative of that to which you object.
    I would like to hear some other interpretations, perhaps some about class or property from a Marxist or Anarchist perspectives, what about some anti-colonist indigenous analysis. Those might help to clarify views.
    Be Safe, Peace & Power

• Ben Richards says:

I’ve often read and heard Sibel speaking about Amy Goodman’s “democracy now” and Omidyar’s “The Intercept” as pseudo-alternative media. The media that’s funded by Soros. Also, gatekeepers like Seymour Hersh and Noam Chomsky. I call it “gatekeeper media”, because it “feels” like it’s fighting for some truth or human rights or something along these lines against what the MSM (CNN, New York Times, etc.) doles out, but there are limits to this truth and when “key events” happen, this pseudo-alternative media tends to direct people in the very direction of the Pentagon or CIA’s viewpoint. It’s a controlled opposition. I think I understand pseudo-left and Leftist enough though. For me, the Marxist element has been taken out of modern Leftist movements, and and I think Marx should be re-evaluated for the 21st century. My favorite people in Russia (when I was there) were the elderly mothers that I would teach english to in the mornings and got to ask them all sorts of questions about growing up during the Brezhnev era and what it was like living under communism. I would also like clarification on what is meant by pseudo-nationalist and pseudo-right versus basic conservatism/libertarianism. What is the difference between someone like Ron Paul versus someone like Putin, or Viktor Orban or Donald Trump or Erdogan or Nigel Farage or Marine Le Pen? Or the right-wing movements of Hungary, Poland, Germany, Greece, Italy, or Ukraine? A geopolitical breakdown of these movements across a map would be very helpful to understanding. Thank you for bringing Carlos Ghosn to my attention. I had never heard of him before.

8. Steven Hobbs says:

Hey Ben,

Much appreciate your comments, and trust Sibel is listening. My confusion around “pseudo-left” is about discomfort with name calling and vague references as end points to a conversation. For example, to say that S.H. or N.C are “gatekeepers” is to label them and objectify them, which is a shorthand summary of their political and consciousness impact (likely perhaps), but such framing limits thought. Not to say that it is incorrect, just limiting because there is more that needs to be said, alas.

IMHO much dialectic of “left/right” (pseudo or otherwise) is trapped in binomial consciousness, so to speak. It is hard for me to measure my contempt for Amy and ilk. Perhaps because I’m still attempting compassion and understanding. I somethings think to myself, “where would I be without NC, SH, & AG?” I don’t think I would know as much as I do now. Ahh, temporary hang outs at the gates of truth? Waxing poetic.

Terms “gatekeeper,” “libertarian,” “leftist,” “anarchist,” as useful as they may be (and they are) to refer to something or represent also compromise a more detailed explication. Then I find myself narrowing my view and limiting my openness to nuance. Speaking of this world at war in a brief YouTube is profoundly challenging. How difficult it must be to summarize this three-dimensional chess world stage?

A “geopolitical breakdown of these movements across a map” is largely impossible without biased reduction to generalization, so even such an ambitious articulation would ultimately be faulty due to lack of granularity.

Thank you for the story of elder Russian Mom’s teaching English. Delightful.