The Coming Cooked-Up Dossier on Iran

Members Only Watch Full Episode Here

Comments

1. Ulaş Tan says:

Hi Sibel,
    And I think your position while defending Iran is also oxymoron. We should never be in a situation to defend any theological government.
    And Yes Iranian people are great.
    Imagine If Iran too becomes a secular state (there is high potential for that) then whole middle east can be a lot different.
    So no need to defend Islamic Republic.
    And yes Imperialism has evil games.

• Dear Ulaş- I’m not sure how you came up with this assessment after listening to me talking about this for almost an hour- during which I repeatedly mentioned how I get disgusted by those like the current Iranian admin who use, misuse twist religion to rule and dominate.

But I also know you are not alone. When I was taking and writing against war in Libya, there were those who interpreted that as me loving/liking/supporting Gaddafi. Same with Iraq and Syria: I was declared the lover of dictators- Saddam and Assad.

If you truly listen to what i’m Saying in this video you’ll understand that I am not for any of these governments, or against: Because I don’t live there, and it is not for me, or other countries, to work on ousting these sovereign nations’ governments or rulers. Those rights reside with the people/ whether in Iran, in Syria or elsewhere. And as I emphasized in this program: I hope that they succeed- proudly and independently, if that is what they want.

Another point I would like to emphasize: When outside powers, empire-builders, plot/attack Iran’s Gov, the majority, rally behind the Gov there even if they don’t like the gov, solely due to nationalism and pride. When threatened by outsiders, they tend to put differences aside and unite against the external enemies (Outsiders). Thus, these types of aggressions and operations against Iran actually bolsters the current Iranian Government.

Anyhow- hope I was able to convey what I intended.

• Robert Diggins says:

Response to:
      [Ulaş Tan says:
      “Hi Sibel,
      Thanks a lot again for this episode. Very much appreciated. And I found it little too emotional.”]

After some polite beginning, you add a loaded statement, using the phrase “too emotional”. What do you mean by this?

Were you overwhelmed with your own emotions, while listening?
      Hopefully, Sibel’s calm, measured speaking style helped, so that you didn’t have a complete breakdown. Maybe you can pause it and take breaks, when you start feeling too emotional. Then, after you calm down, you can continue.

This must be what you meant, since Sibel did an excellent job of presenting her analysis and personal experience, related to Iran, which you must know could have been much more emotional, after the multiple traumas she endured while living there, including being arrested by the secret police (SAVAK, as I remember), as a child, for not dressing correctly, as well as the much more emotional experiences she endured there, related to the multiple kidnappings of her own father, which included his torture, related to thought crimes.

That’s some serious emotional experience, which was contrasted by her calm, clear explanation that she didn’t agree with their current government and expression that she wanted the Iranian people to achieve progress and positive, organic changes, on their own behalf.

Or maybe you thought that she shouldn’t be allowed to express a little emotional sincerity, pertaining to the recent response from the Newsbud community, after she inquired about our level of interest and willingness to participate in this community? Did her sincerity bother you? Do you think it was unprofessional, to allow herself a little vulnerability, most likely instigated by some feelings of gratitude and maybe a spark of inspiration, as she expressed, clearly, after some lull in recent participation and real curiosity about whether or not her efforts at Newsbud were affecting her audience. She plainly stated, previously, that it was difficult to judge, by subscription numbers alone. As you must have understood, this directly relates to her stated priority, for the community she has been building. That is, “Quality, not quantity.”

Personally, I thought she did a very good job, managing her emotions, with grace and clarity. None of it was hyperbolic. There aren’t many people who can be transparent about their goals and decisions, at a personal level, while maintaining composure and limiting the expression to a very practical level. There was no marketing or phony, manipulative use of emotion, during the whole, unedited, continuous hour-long talk, about subjects that have affected the majority of her life, which I should probably remind you, is not limited to “being a journalist”.

I found the rest of your comments to be curiously biased and appearing to be ignorant of what she actually said in this episode. Either you didn’t listen, didn’t comprehend, or cannot think critically, because of the lack of control of your own emotions.

That’s how I unpacked your loaded statement about being too emotional, anyway. I’m assuming you aren’t trying to associate the phrase with a woman speaking emotionally. I’ve never met a man with more courage, dedication to principle, or consistent, long term integrity.

It looks like she even took the time to explain it to you again. I hope you get it now. Constructive criticism is useful. Hard headed bias and insults are not. Good luck to you.

• Robert Diggins says:

Looks like you two figured it out. My apologies for the long comment.

FYI, Sibel, I thought the sound and lighting were good, and I like the blue guitar on the set.

Thank you for your comprehensive review. I really think the context, including 9/11, helped clarify just what we are dealing with, in terms of propaganda, lies, and mass murder, for resources, hurting so many people in the name of government crimes, and exploiting the Public for support, while continuing to derail our attempts at real discussion.

I thought it was especially important that you put a focus on “infrastructure”.

• Hayrullah Mehmeti says:

In the context of this Newsbud family, we should never be in a situation to defend ANY government, person, group or organization that is oppressive whether they call themselves or we call them theological, democratic, Islamic, socialist, secular etc. Sibel you are correct. If people in Iran who are physically there dealing with everyday life’s affairs chose who is their leadership, who is anybody out of Iran to dictate differently. What is someone inside Iran who differs with the majority wish for other than a change at the expense of the majority? Only other thing could be understanding dialogue and cooperation. Also your short and to the point clarification on Islam, Sibel, much needed and CONSTANTLY needed as a reminder. This is true especially when dealing with this part of the world. No matter what, this region is and probably always will be a region with a majority Muslim population, and it is a fact that the world has to accept and learn to deal with respect if they are really interested in working for a more peaceful world. This goes for the people and citizens living inside the countries themselves. We ALL need to respect our differences and not let one group of people’s freedoms be another’s oppression (keeping in mind also that realistically and practically there is no ABSOLUTE freedom here in this world). I remember myself a part of Turkey’s past 80 year history when its Islamic element was completely thrown out the window and abused under the slogan of secularism. Its population was forced from outside in (meaning by external entities using inside entities) to play its part in the chess game of geo poltiics. This type of oppression usually produces only two things: a violent reaction by the majority or a peaceful democratic type transition. The first option at least in Turkey’s case was thwarted by numerous military coups the second happened by a lasting ballot. Regardless, the hijackers (I am referring at deep state and political level, external and internal players) are standing by ready to hijack any element, including religion, at their disposal and for their agendas, ready to twist it and turn into the direction they want. Heck up until a year ago, for example, I remember surfing Turkish TV and seeing all these religious weirdos popping up that I have never heard about before promoting some odd viewpoints and remember asking myself who and what is funding these. Thankfully being a member here helped answer that and put things into prospective. But once again Islam is an element that cannot be removed from its culture. There is not Turkish culture without it. Those who wish to remove it, can only try to do so oppressively which defeats our peaceful purpose here. And by the way it is and always was a moderate classic Islam built on sound foundational principles. This is not meant to be a discussion about Islam, because the sources are open for anyone to confirm about its tolerance if they wish. Turkish society, as of itself, is one built up from the pains of refugees. Its Islamic character was also one of the reasons it was conveniently attacked. It is a society that by nature is multicultural though and tolerant. This coming form its Ottoman legacy is ingrained into the cultural mindset. It was not one prone to annihilating another race or peoples like is the case with Western states along with its smaller neighboring nations like Bulgaria and Greece. It is a result of fighting to exist from the point of mere extinction once corraled and penned from a vast area extending three continents into its present location. Finally ceasing the fight for survival once the breath of danger has lifted off the back of its neck and getting back to cooperating and bridge building between its different elements to re-establish life’s dealings . ANY group fanaticism, secular or religious, is a foreign element that has been implanted. In my own family for example I have practicing Muslim – sunni and alevi, I have non-muslim, I have secular, agnostic and even self proclaimed atheists. There are drinkers as well as non-drinkers, head covered women and non head covered women. Oh well, that always was Ottoman…that is and was Turkish, that was and is Turkey. As I youth I was fortunate enough to have learned from very wise people an old Ottoman rule of thumb when it comes to action along with do unto others as you would like them to do unto you (and I try to live by it everday): as long as an action is wholesome for the physical and psychological well being of an individual, and it follows the same principle for the person next to the individual and finally the environment around both them, then this criterion can lead mostly to positive effects on society. Sibel, call your self whatever you want, but know this…. you are priceless to us ….Allah razi olsun.

• Hayrullah Mehmeti says:

sorry meant perspective

• Hayrullah- What a sound and insightful comment. The Shah of Iran made the same mistake: began the forced and high-speed implementation of secularism based on Western Standards, and that backfired and exploded- the result: what we see in Iran today.

And you are right: There is No reason but one to have people from all different religions, cultures and belief system not peacefully coexist- with mutual respect, and peacefully- and that is the deep state greed thriving upon divisiveness and wars, thus the conquests and profit.

2. Ulaş Tan says:

Thanks for the clarification Sibel, very much appreciated. For me that was needed.

Pro Islamist governments in Turkey, Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan do not reflect their people’s will.
    Either Shia or Sunni all political Islamist movements in these countries including Iran’s Islamic movement had been fostered by US since 1970s.
    I think that US now tries to remove them. Especially after Arab Spring, and yes starting even before 9/11.
    Radical or soft political Islam is no longer needed and it is creating problems for their masters.
    So Unfortunately there has never been space for people’s will in middle east :((

For me political Islam is more evil than imperialism. And political Islam including the one in Iran can not be anti-imperialist. This is a similar joke as communist-Islamist
    And I think If Iran becomes secular so does KSA. It is being pushed towards this direction as well.

• Ulaş, agreement. And I’m glad you gave the other countries as Example as well. I have to say there are things here where I currently reside as well that raises serious flags/alarm bells. Fortunately, there is a solid large faction dedicated to the secular notion.

3. Hello everyone,
    How much of the PNAC agenda is a follow through of the Yinon Plan? The Yinon Plan was supposedly written in 1982 by Oded Yinon, Israeli Foreign Minister, calling for the break up of the large Arab states into smaller harmless ethnic/religious groupings so as not to be such a threat to Israel. The Yinon Plan was also said to have influenced the Bush administration’s Middle Eastern Foreign policy. Be careful when researching this one because the nature of the subject can lead to conspiracy theory speculation!
    As far as reaching out to the group: I am part of a spiritual group that does a monthly on-line live audio/video meet up on the ZOOM platform. I really don’t know how much Big Brother monitors that platform. Dr Joseph Farrell also has a vid chat format. Carrier Pigeon maybe?

• I’ll check it out. It is also referred to as “The Balkanization” of the Middle East.When it gets down to it, dividing ME using/utilizing sectarian/ethnic lines started 100+ years ago with the British Empire. Look at how and when the gulf countries were created (UAE), … Iraq…) … It certainly is furthering a much older plan with the same general tactic. Dividing Iraq into 3 tiny nations (Kurdistan, Central Sunni, Southern Shia)- Same With Syria …

4. Arnold Witjes says:

Hallo Sibel. Thanks for this en many other interesting episodes. This episode give me a strange feeling. Now you are going for 2 to 2 ½ week to your family, do you expecting some unpretty things could happen? Sibel, a nice holiday with your family, please be careful! Greetings from The Netherlands.

• Thank you, Arnold. It is not a vacation (unfortunately)- two minor surgeries in the family. Since we live in a very small town, we have to travel. We are taking only one laptop with us. I’ll be following all the developments, and will write reports/articles while away if urgent.

5. Ben Richards says:

I agree completely that Iran should be allowed to make its own decisions in its evolution. It was quite frankly a breath of fresh air to see people practicing their religion and publicly praying in Turkey. I agree with all that you said and I’m a big fan of Iranian cinema, and I see that they are a country with rich culture and dedication to the arts and sciences. I’ve met lots of Iranians in Turkey and in the US. I’ve read the Christian New Testament from the beginning through the book of Hebrews. I’ve also read the first 4 chapters of the Quran, which I intend to finish. I’ve heard you talk some about “this is not Islam, and that is not Islam. That is not REAL Islam!” But for me, politics is inscribed into the very heart of Islam itself. There is a political dimension to the Pauline community of believers in early Christianity, and a breaking down of societal barriers. In Islam too, I felt the communal joy of eating during Iftar during Ramadan with many other fellow strangers. And waking up to the sounds of drums during Suhur to eat in the morning. I fasted during Ramadan, but didn’t pray as it’s not my faith. So could you explain what is real Islam? Or perhaps as you said, you don’t want to get into religious discussion. You talked about activating anti-war movements, and I actually don’t agree with mass protests marching in the streets with signs. So what happens the next day after doing this? I don’t see the point of it. I would actually prefer to meet with people and establish relationships. And I had a friend from Shiraz who lives in Canada now. I know it’s a very beautiful city. I was planning to visit Iran but my ex-girlfriend (turkish one) refused to go there. I know you come from a libertarian background, but in what sense is the MEK marxist? I can understand the MEK is a cult/sect or is extremist and is controlled/infiltrated by terrorists/killers/operatives, but how is it marxist? I have talked with many people who grew up and lived under communism and they say that the education system, healthcare system, housing etc. was all better than in current times in Russia. I was there in Moscow talking with people and asking them to compare their lives in Soviet period to their lives now in modern Russia, and they all say those things I named were better. So I think it would be best to establish real relationships with others. I don’t see the purpose of marching in the streets with how many people you said were watching videos?? 1 thousand people?? That’s a small number, and spread out across different countries too. I think that it is guns/weapons that change the world, and also great public orators; leaders who can capture the public’s imagination with their speech. I’m not interested in marching. If I went to a march, I would only be interested in meeting other like-minded people and establishing real relationships with them. I will leave it to the Iranian military and other militaries/governments to stop wars (or wage them). That’s not my job. I think it’s far more important for me to establish real relationships with others and be able to educate future generations. I like the idea of a conference much more than marching.

6. Ben Richards says:

And concerning Israel, I know that Israel has incredible reach into the US and UK governments, as evidenced by what happened with Prince Andrew-Epstein connection for 1 example. And Mossad was involved in 9/11 attacks. But for what reason does Iran not acknowledge Israel’s right to exist? I remember arguing with an Iranian lady in Turkey about this and we never got to any resolution. Israel simply exists now, and I don’t see why Iran and Hezbollah say that Israel shouldn’t exist. You can’t even get to a point of dialogue if you refuse to acknowledge the other party’s right to exist. And the Lebanese Civil War is a part of history I am largely ignorant of. I would like to know more about Lebanon. I know that in Russia, Hezbollah is not considered a terrorist group, but rather a political entity (non-terrorist). I used to speak with an Algerian lady on whatsapp who was dating a Hezbollah fighter. She absolutely hated Israel with a passion. And I remember getting angry when I would see these anti-Israeli people get on Press TV and talk about the Hassan Nasrallah like he was some God. And the Algerian lady I used to talk with while in Turkey absolutely adored Hassan Nasrallah. What are people’s opinion of Hezbollah? And Sibel, is Hamas controlled by the US/Israel the same way al-qaeda is controlled by US? And also, I have a personal question for you, if you like Iranian cinema and which is your favorite iranian film? Mine is Abbas Kiarostami’s “The Wind Will Carry Us”. I really am not a fan of Asghar Farhadi’s films because they are not poetic, and just middle-class dramas to me, which are boring.

7. firehorse says:

I also lived in Iran until shortly after the fall of the Shah. I found Americans remarkably ignorant about life in Iran and the middle east. (I lived in Libya and Malta and visited Iraq and Syria too.)

8. Briana Katz says:

This is interesting to listen to and research. It is also hard to accept. It is ha rd to accept because I am researching the things you are saying and, of course, it is all true. This means that all of the “independent” news I listen to every day, that deals with the same daily topics as the mainstream news, are all toting the same small picture and spoon feeding me the same garbage that keeps me from digesting the big picture.

Everything happening in Iran is really driving this home for me. Clearly Iran was always on the table. Things were just on pause like you say. This plan was made in the pate 90’s. Does it even matter who the president is? Was this going to happen anyway? What infrastructure makes this possible?

Your reporting on Iran and Turkey are really disrupting my world view.

Back to finishing The Lone Gladio.

• Sam Henderson says:

Briana, I’ve asked similar questions myself. My opinion is one of 2 ideas, or maybe a mix of them together. The first idea is that the President is controlled and pressured by other forces within the government (whatever you want to call it: elements of the military-industrial-security-financial complex or deep state) and the President is limited in his choices. Barack Obama campaigned on wanting to shut down Guantanamo Bay, but he didn’t shut it down. Why? I don’t think the President can freely act due to this control/pressure. Look at Trump. He is under constant threat of impeachment throughout his entire presidency so far. So I don’t think his decisions are without this pressure from the deep state. That’s the first idea. My second idea is that the President isn’t in full control or knowledge of these deep state operations. I don’t even think Ronald Reagan was aware of the cocaine smuggling into the US on behalf of CIA while it was happening. And the third idea is a mix of the ideas where you have a president who is pressured and controlled from elements of the government to make certain decisions and this president is generally unaware of a large number of activities being done by those same elements. I would like to a lot more about this “infrastructure” as you put it. How is it organized? Where did it originate and how did it evolve into what it is now? One of my dreams is to get a big library of books that cover this history. But that’s always something I’ve pondered as well: How much do the Presidents know?

• Briana, you hit the nail in the head- it does NOT matter who the president is.

• Robert Diggins says:

Hi Briana,

Keep up the critical thinking. It might be a difficult path, but it is not only worth it, it might be unavoidable.

One of the biggest challenges is the conflation of terms (non-stop labeling), in my experience. Being aware of this purposeful, and sometimes unwitting, attack on discourse might help you retain your meaningful relationships. It’s still not easy, when one feels isolated from critical thinkers.

I won’t watch TV/MSM. I’ve been experiencing a similar problem with co-workers, friends, and some family, for about 35 years, since I was in jr high. I had friends saying “love it or leave it”, while I needed to correct their parents, who thought we were fighting the Contras. Even teachers were adversarial.

I’m glad you found this site and Sibel. IMO, there is more courage and integrity here, than all of the “alt” media combined. It’s REALLY bad out there. We even have ne’erdowells in popular pseudo-whistleblower groups.

9. Briana Katz says:

I thought the independent news was giving me perspective on the lies being told by mainstream media. More and more it seems that they are just telling me they are giving deep dives into the deep state and foreign policy while remaining very much on the surface. These truth seekers offer very limited insight into the mechanics of what is actually guiding current events.

• Briana Katz says:

I am in my 20’s. It is very hard to talk about politics at all with people my age. I don’t know how it started but people my age get upset when I ask them what facts they have to support their beliefs. It is almost as if they think I am manipulating the conversation. I listen to people’s opinions and beliefs but when I ask them why they believe these things they are speechless and then frustrated. They anticipate and mock me for asking for facts. It is shocking!

People get so upset about different opinions that I cannot even talk about politics at work! It is literally not allowed.

• Sam Henderson says:

I understand completely! I think it’s gotten even worse after the Broadcasting Board of Governors (BBG) and the Atlantic Council decided to roll out their PropOrNot “fake news” term. I think it has shut down discussion. It at least has in my life. I can’t even talk with family members about politics. Not a single one. It’s very upsetting to me.

10. US politicians (Hillary) should be held accountable for the damage they do in countries they claim to be attacking to make them free. Trump promised to lock her up, that didn’t happen either.

11. Juan Castro says:

My first Day here as a new member of your community and listening to your analysis I know I made the right decision in subscribing. I intend on searching out more of your articles and podcasts because it will surely give me some good foundation in helping bring the truth to the people. Mrs. Edmonds, this video gave me the needed push to help make this world a better place as you are doing by reestablishing media integrity. I have a long way to go but the time to stand up and speak up is now. May the Good Lord protect you your family and team in all of your just endeavors. Grace and Peace.
    Thank You, Mrs. Sibel Edmonds,